Read about it here.
The American Civil Liberties Union believes that E-Verify needs reformed, namely:
1. The systems and databases used to collect and disseminate information about those attempting to work be publicly disclosed so workers and employers are aware of them.
2. Information collected by both government agencies and employers that is gathered for one purpose shall not be used for another purpose without individuals’ consent.
3. Workers can access information held about them in a timely fashion and without petitioning the government for access.
4. Workers may correct, amend, improve or clarify information held about them by both government and employers.
5. Information about employees be kept relevant, accurate and up to date.
6. Information is protected against unauthorized losses such as data breaches or identity theft.